Thursday 28 January 2010

Adrenalin

This time last week I was putting the finishes touches to my dissertation. Or should have been – I was actually making huge changes and having moments of clarity that had been eluding me since Christmas. I’ve never been to bed the night before an essay is due in and have worked making changes right up to the final second. Same again with this one. Think I must need the adrenalin to achieve the final goal. Sections that made no sense or stood alone on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, made sense and knew where they wanted to go in the early hours of Friday morning. The final title is ‘Women in the Pottery Industry – Is gender still a factor in determining role?’
It’s taken me all week to recover. Very tired. Spent two or three nights rewriting sections in my head and not being able to let go. Not sorted out the 500+ essay related files on the PC or huge piles of paper work yet…might do it on Sunday.

Here's an image from my essay, taken at the Burleigh factory. Is gender still a factor in determining role?