Monday 8 August 2011

Home From Hatfield


Home from Hatfield. I sold lots of my little jugs. Thankyou to all of my customers - it was lovely to meet you all and you've made me feel like a proper potter who sells pots at a ceramics show. Got my first commission too.


Steep learning curve. Pricing my work was tricky - compared my work with others and worked out what to charge per jug. Some thought the price was fine. Others thought they were too cheap. I spoke to a gallery owner who thought I was selling at trade price. I decided that I was happy to be selling and predict a future when my work is much pricier and people can talk about the day they bought my early work and how affordable it was. "I've got a Jo Corbett. Look at the price of them now."


Here are the jugs that came home with me. Time to make some more and sort out a few more places to sell them.